Joshua memorizes things very well. I have been surprised when he will say something or sing a song out of the blue that I had no clue he knew. So I decided it was a good time to start quoting scripture to him at bedtime since he is memorizing things without much effort. We have started with Psalm 23. This morning I was going over it with him as we were in the family room. It went like this:
Andy: The Lord is...
Joshua: ...my shepherd I shall not be in want
Andy: He makes me...
Joshua: ...Lie down on daddy (as he laid on top of me)
For a two year old, lying down on daddy is a peaceful thing. It's resting knowing daddy takes care of him and is not going to hurt him. I think it was a good insight to Psalm 23.
1 comment:
What a good paraphrase! I need a reminder to turn to my heavenly Father like that!
Post a Comment