Sunday, July 12, 2009

A Pleasant Wake Up


This morning we had the pleasant wake up call by a chorus of little guys. Joshua was chatting away about a number of things and then eventually Johnathon added his two cents worth with his baby coos. I think I was most amused and delighted when I heard Joshua start to sing, “Are you sleeping? Are you sleeping? Brother John? Brother John?” They keep us smiling.






Joshua has become quite the monkey! He is climbing all over the place. We went to a park a few weekends ago and before I knew it he was 1/2 way up the 10’ tall monkey bars and 2/3 the way up by the time anyone got to him. He did fine coming down on his own with daddy closely watching. I figured that he needed to learn to come down if he was going to go up. He has been climbing about anything he thinks is climbable. Thankfully he can’t get into Johnathon’s packn’play...yet!

Joshua has also become so much more verbal over the past couple months and particularly the last couple weeks. I was hanging out with him the other night and asking him about his day and he said, “We saw monkeys and orangutans at it was (a)mazing’!” (He had gone to the zoo). He also has picked up most of the alphabet song and a few others.




Johnathon is growing up too. I feel like he has started to develop into a little person. He has been smiling at us for the last month and has a little giggle when you laugh or tickle him. He is also satisfied to sit by himself for a while as long as he is not hungry or tired. Yesterday he turned over from his tummy to his back for the first time and then again this morning. Elissa doesn’t think he’ll stay on his tummy anymore. Though, he was trying to turn over from his back to tummy as well yesterday, but just couldn’t get enough momentum to overcome his shoulder. He has also learned to grab stuff and stick it in his mouth

2 comments:

Jamie said...

I love the morning "Brother John" song! Do you two sing that to him, or did Joshua just put the two together?

andy said...

We taught it to Joshua and sing it to John every now and then...but I would like to think that there was some thought of him putting it together with John sleeping in the same room :o)